We are excited to host many of you for Water Sports Weekend on August 12 and 13. The weekend is an important final effort of our community, and its purpose is to give you a sense of our summer. It is a time of reunion and farewell, and it is a significant bonding experience as we say goodbye. It is also a lot of fun. Be sure to bring some warm clothes, good walking around shoes, and a flashlight for the late evening.
Saturday, August 13
Please plan to arrive by 1:45 PM, park in the field, and walk to the lake through the tunnel. You will see your sons right after the 45-minute presentation.
- 2 PM Festivities begin at the Bathhouse. Following this event, we invite families to enjoy a few refreshments in front of Eastbourne before taking a tour of camp. The Woodshop and Nature Center will both be open to display projects from the summer.
- 4:15 PM Tree Talk summaries
- 5 PM Glade Play
- 6 PM Buffet Dinner
- 7:30 PM Theater Play
- 8:45 PM Singing around the campfire
Sunday, August 14
- 9 AM Parent Roundtable in front of Eastbourne (the first building on the left when you come up Pasquaney Lane). We will have coffee and light snacks available starting at 8:30 AM. This event is a chance for the camp to gain insight and receive feedback from parents, for parents to share insight and advice with one another, and to answer any questions that you might have.
- 11:30 AM Chapel. Chapel usually ends around 12:30 PM, though with many boys eager to say their good byes it is difficult to be on the road before 1 PM.
This is a busy weekend. To make it run smoothly, we ask your cooperation in these ways:
- There will be no time to see your son before the 2 PM program. We will all be totally involved in closing activities on Friday evening and Saturday morning.
- Please park in the field above the Barn and below the Chapel. Counsellors and staff will assist you.
- On Sunday during the Roundtable your son will be busy packing, and his belongings will be taken down the hill in camp trucks. Please stay clear of the upper dormitory area.
- As part of our education, we tell the boys at the end of camp that they need to look carefully behind them and around camp for belongings, and that we won’t send items left behind. Your asking them to double check to be sure they have everything would help the process. We are busy after camp with other tasks and cannot spend time searching for missing items. We tell them that we will be happy to see them at a later date if they would like to return for the items.
- Please leave pets at home as they can be a distraction to activities.
- Please respect our no-electronics environment by not using or minimizing electronic devices on camp property.
Thank you for your assistance with these items. We look forward to seeing those of you who can be with us at Water Sports this year!